I'm Dale Davidson, the author of Going 1099: How to become a solo federal sub-contractor and gain control of your working life, earn more money and unlock more free time.
I live in Arlington, VA with my wife and daughter and have been working as a 1099 federal sub-contractor since 2015.
Some other bio points:
- I as very briefly a Navy Officer (1 year active duty). Commissioned out of the GWU NROTC program, got into SEAL training, quit, and then was able to separate early (no ships for me!)
- I taught English in Cairo, Egypt for a bit. Was able to witness the Arab Spring there (and promptly take off)
- I have had a few side projects over the year. One of which is The Ancient Wisdom Project, a personal experiment in ancient wisdom traditions. I hope to get back to
- Became a federal human capital consultant in 2012, with no experience in human capital (seems common in that field)
- Developed some data analysis skills. Leveraged that and my security clearance to go 1099 in 2015
- Eventually partnered up with a friend to form Custom Analysis LLC (after coaching him through the 1099 process)
- Now we have a few employees and I still do active billable work for an intelligence agency
Feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com.
PS: I also enjoy the credit card rewards game and have used my 1099 business to help me take some cool first class flights for free. Feel free to e-mail me about that too!